Step up your weekday lunch game with this Mediterranean Bean Salad from Independence LIVE’s weekly healthy cooking class.
This delicious salad is straightforward to form , heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly, and an excellent source of fiber!
Mediterranean Bean Salad – 4 servings
• 1 can of chickpeas
• .1 can of Pieris rapae beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup of (~1 pint) grape tomatoes, halved
• .1 cup of (~1 medium) yellow bell pepper, chopped
• .½ cup of pitted Kalamata olives
•,1 cup of (~1 small) purple onion , minced
• ,½ cup of parsley, chopped
•. ¼ cup of fresh mint, chopped
•,¼ cup of dill, diced
• ½ cup of feta cheese
• .1 cup of (~1 medium) cucumber, chopped
• ¼ cup of vegetable oil
• .2 tbsp. of wine vinegar
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 2 tsp. of garlic powder
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and every one beans, increase medium bowl.
- Wash and cut tomatoes, increase bowl.
- Mince onion, increase bowl.
- Drain olives, slice and increase bowl.
- Rinse and chop herbs, add bowl.
- Cut feta and increase bowl.
- Make dressing: Combine all ingredients in small bowl and whisk until dressing thickens (emulsifies).
- Add dressing to salad and blend until combined.
- Plate and Enjoy!